Skip to main content

Reply to "Travel Ball - not seeing the value for us"

If you know what your expectations are - D1, D2, D3, Juco, NAIA - then choose what you want to do. There's a few of us on here who had the NH baseball experience. Mine is now 7+ years ago in southern NH - it's all about location as in the Nash/Manch/Conc or Ports/Exeter/Roch areas.. AAU was awful, Legion an acceptable alternative, but in no way comparable to what PG could provide. The closest "good" travel program like that was 1.5 hrs drive without traffic. I knew my boys weren't D1 material, so focus was D3 or perhaps D2. We put our $$'s on education (Bishop Guertin) and that left little to even think about travel baseball. We did pay for some focused training, a couple show cases, trips to specific schools - it "paid" off at an academic D3 for one and a D2 in NC for the other. If 9and7dad is still reading, one of his boys got the SEC experience and he was from a smaller NH town west of Concord. Long story short, very hard to realistically make it out of NH to somewhere or be noticed. It's possible - hit the books, get bigger, faster, stronger. Don't get complacent because puberty will even out things a bit if you're not working hard. Consider your positional competition - there's a lot of P, C, SS who only make it so far because they won't consider anything else. You *have* to be *that* good and do not under estimate the value of good grades.