Skip to main content

Reply to "Travel Organizations Paying College Coaches?"

PitchingFan posted:

So you are saying the NCAA rules it illegal unless camp or showcase is used or coach is speaking?  That is interesting that they would have that specifically but that is handled easily by paying a coach to attend the XXX showcase tournament between organization A and B. 

I don't know the NCAA rule.   Maybe you can call them for clarification. I do believe using the incorrect language can change the legality.

I am not sure what having multiple players from an organization has to do with it. Thats fine, that's been around forever.  Coaches helping to evaluate in showcases on campus getting paid from the event organizer ( not the school) is fine as well.

You stated top organizations are paying coaches to go to particular games. My understanding from what you said, why pay 2500 to attend a high profile showcase when you can pay 10 guys 200. Would this be for a showcase, camp, scrimmage, tournament?

But I do agree with Showball$. Paying a coach to come watch a player or players in certain situations, sets up an unethical situation.

Last edited by TPM