Skip to main content

Reply to "travel team"

I don't think anyone is suggesting to stop practicing. With the Canes, it is exactly the opposite. We give our kids things to work on during the week to prepare them for the weekend. To insinuate (as some other teams have, not Midlo) that the Canes do not develop or coach is completely ludicrous. Again, this is not directed at Midlo or the VC.

Midlo, the core of our North teams are VA kids. We have arms from other states to join us at big tourneys (WWB, Jupiter, etc.). They are generally not part of our normal weekends, unless they are looking at the college where we are playing. As for scout magnets, we feel all of our kids are. So far, 13 of our 21 2012 North kids have accepted scolarships to DI schools, with most of the other 8 contemplating generous offers. Of those 13, 9 are going to an ACC or SEC school. Success breeds success. Winning back-to-back 16U WWB Championships and placing over 150 kids in schools over 4 years certainly helps. Having teams run by Scouts/Associate Scouts also helps as does our coaching staff having been selected to coach a team at the PG National Games. We offer our players guidance through the process year round as well. It is an unusual week when I don't talk or text one of my players or a college coach.

There is a lot of misinformation about the Canes (again, not directed at Midlo). Many people think we simply write a lineup but there is much more that goes on behind the scenes. Our goal as a staff is to outwork everyone to help our kids. I know we accomplish this goal year in and year out.