Skip to main content

Reply to "travel team"

quote:
I would also add: I have no issue with anyone who charges for what they offer. This is still a country free enough that people can offer a service and quote a price and if someone willingly pays it, then that is perfectly fine for all involved even if someone finds a way to make a living doing it. To suggest that there is anything wrong with making a living by offering a service that people are willing to pay for is to me, just downright un-American.

That is kind of what I was thinking too. If a team is providing a service, in this case quality college exposure, I don't have a problem with them making money on it.

I also believe there are programs out there more interested in making money than promoting players but it seems to be the exception and not the rule.

As was stated earlier, since parents are footing the bill, you need to do your homework and talk to as many people as you can to formulate an opinion as to a program being a good fit for your son. Chances are, you might not get it right the first time but that is OK, as long as you learn from it.

The great news is there are a vast number of programs out there that could be a potential fit.

As a side note, in the case of the Cardinals and RBA West Elite...it seems the phrase "no good deed goes unpunished" might be appropriate here.