Skip to main content

Reply to "TravelBall / Showcase teams, but at what cost?"

Great post infielddad

I help many young men every year. I dont take a dime. I get paid to coach in the summer and fall. That pay covers my expenses only. Travel cost , motel and food. I do it because I want to help young men. Many do it for the exact same reasons.

I have helped many young men that do not play for me. Many I have never met until I get the phone call or email. Many I have seen play and I make the contact for them.

And many of them are not D1 players or players people would consider "studs." They are all good baseball players who love the game and play it the right way and want an opportunity to play at the next level. For some that means getting them on a team that will be seen by the coaches they need to be seen by. For some its a showcase or a camp. For others its a simple phone call to a coach that I have known for years who knows if I recommend a kid its money in the bank.

There is not one way for every kid. Showcase / Travel baseball is not the right path for everyone. It is the right path for some. Yes if your very talented someone will offer you. But its about creating as many options as possible so you can make a better decision. And for some its about getting an opportunity somewhere period.

Showcase baseball is just one venue , its just one way of many. Its not the only way and its not the right decision for everyone. Inform yourself and make the best decision you can.