Skip to main content

Reply to "Tri State Arsenal"

Go44dad posted:
Buckeye 2015 posted:
PABaseball posted:

It varies by age group. To add to the confusion, they went down to Jupiter as Tri State Arsenal FC. They're good but something I would wait until after freshman year before jumping into. 

Great, not only did baseball organizations start naming their teams Premier, Elite & Select, which came from travel soccer.....now they're using FC?   FC is football club....another soccer term lol.  Why would anyone possibly use FC in a baseball organzation?   I don't care if it means Fastball-Changeup lol, any true sports fan is going to look at it and assume it's a soccer club

Founder's Club

Where I know FC / Founder's Club from is Marucci (the sporting goods company).  Years back they created a grass roots marketing campaign that gave discount uniforms/gloves/bats/etc to travel orgs.  If the team joined the program, they became a member of the "Founder's Club".  Three/four years back they started a Marucci World Series with the FC teams.  Here is a link to 2017 list of teams (at least that came to the World Series).  https://maruccisports.com/mws Orgs such as Scorpions, Stars, East Coast Sox, CBA, Ontario Blue Jays, Louisiana Knights, Dallas Tigers were at the WS.  Games were played at LSU, ULL, Tulane and other colleges/high schools.

The boudin was hot and the crawfish did flow.