Skip to main content

Reply to "trying not to do something stupid"

I will probably take some heat one this one but I can't resist mentioning another perspective (just something out of the blue worth considering...

quote:
They call and call when he is going to throw. We find out, tell them and then it never fails, the other kid throws first. Of course they stick around but it is getting aggravating.

It sounds like your son is the real deal - he has already signed with a major D1 and has scouts coming to his high school games exclusively to see him. Not a bad deal - a lot of kids would LOVE to be in his shoes.

I would imagine the hs coach knows what he has in your son. Perhaps he also sees something is one or two of his other players as well. Maybe they are type of players who scouts won't come exclusively to see - but might like once the see them.

Perhaps his only goal is to use his star player to give a few other players some attention as well. In reality that is one heck of a complement that he is giving your son.

As long as the scouts are staying long enough to see your son I don't see any harm being done.

Now, if they are leaving in frustration before he pitches I would say it is a different story.
Last edited {1}