Skip to main content

Reply to "Trying out on numerous teams"

quote:
penja,

I've seen players blossom on teams a step down from the top. The key is for those players to perform well against the top teams. That's the key to getting noticed by the elite, you need to make them notice you.

Totally agree on playing on the best caliber of play you can get. The problem is there is still politics here. Sometimes you play for the select team you want on their 2nd team instead of the first team. Everyone as a parent truly desires their kids to be best and play along the best. Reality is that there is only certain amount of roster spots in large cities. The point I was making to the young man was he may have to play the 2nd team in efforts to get recognized by the first team everyone in the city is dying to play on. I am recommending the always have a great attitude and keep hustling. Sure a few young men make it on incredible talent yet have terrible attitude. Most young men wanna be there and really play hard. Sometimes the great attitude and willingness to play on the lesser team makes a much easier choice for the 1st team coach to grab you over a guy who is playing same level as you yet is frustated he had to play 2nd team.

Some more 2 cents in hopes of making a quarter some day Wink