Skip to main content

Reply to "Tryout Surprises"

I agree that Hudon is a talented kid and has a lot of skill. With that being said though I also think he was the classic case of a kid who sprouted much quicker then other kids. When I first encountered him it was when my son was 11 and we scrimmaged Merrimack's 11U all-star team (could have been 12's...but think it was 11's). He was big back then with an arm & 1/2!! He'd blow the ball by kids when he could find the plate back then. He also threw a kid out at the plate by firing the ball all the way to home (in the air..no bounces) from the center field fence (200 or so feet away) on a line. However since then I don't think he has grown but 2-3 inches and everyone is starting to catch up to him on the field. I don't think he throws much harder then my son does now if at all. (I'm sure he still hits a lot better..lol.)

Again don't get me wrong the kid is a player with strong skills but after seeing him back then I'd be expecting mid 80's or more by now. He was one of those kids who's biological age was well ahead of his actual age.
Last edited by redsox8191