Skip to main content

Reply to "Tufts University"

HV ... You might want to delete your post, calm down and turn your post into a valuable lessons learned about college ball post. For every negative point you can make about Tufts I can dig up a player who swears by the program and Coach Casey.

Coach Casey is a little rough around the edges. A Dorchester guy is an odd fit for a preppy school like Tufts. He played at Tufts. His successses speak for themselves.

i first witnessed what I called questionable behavior by coach Casey watching Tufts play the Trinity CT team that won it all. He had to apologize to Trinity for his behavior. Since then I've talked with Tufts players. A friend's son recently played for them. Almost all the players swear by Casey. The term the players and parents use is, "He has the player's backs." 

Several years ago I was watching the NESCAC tournament at Tufts. With a game running late I got a chance to chat with a couple of Tufts players against the fence while they were waiting to take the field. One was a kid was a senior. He started freshman year. He lost his job and sat the bench the next three years. He said he loved Casey and would go to war for him. Not many benched players have this kind of devotion to a coach. 

I realize Coach Casey isn't everyone's favorite flavor of coach. Most of the opposition detests him. But to rip on the program the way you have is absurd. The counter argument would be his very long successful track record..

I don't have a connection to Tufts. My son played elsewhere. I tended to watch BC/ACC games when I didn't travel to see my son play. If BC was out of town I sometimes watched Tufts play. It was a good bike ride from the beach.

Look on the bright side. Your son will walk away with a degree from Tufts. It puts him in a great position applying for jobs or grad school..

Last edited by RJM