Skip to main content

Reply to "Tufts University"

Backstop22 posted:

I agree with Batty67 that a lot of what makes this a valuable forum is getting candid views of what experiences players/parents have had with coaches and schools.  A lot of these threads like HV's original post end and then nobody ever gets to see how the story played out.  We are just as interested in learning about those that end badly as those that end well.  Discovering if they would do anything differently that might help guide the rest of families going through this process.  Of course every kid and every situation is different, but let the readers decide if they want to take the risk.

Thanks HV for updating your original post and best wishes to you and your son in moving past the baseball phase into hopefully a successful career made better from his learning experience at Tufts.

It would be valuable to detail his son's experience. Just ripping on the program without information is not valuable. I'll bet every program in the country has been ripped by some dad. All he's trying to do is get payback on the baseball program. It won't work. There are too many players who want to play there. Even if HV discourages a player Tufts will find another just like him. 

This could have been a valuable main thread leaving out the school's name and providing details. Then he could have done PM's with interested parties. Posting Tufts baseball sucks isn't valuable. I guarantee you there are plenty of readers rolling their eyes like I am. 

I'm not trying to be difficult with HV. It's a shame his son's baseball experience didn't work out. But the way HV has handled it sucks. He will probably realize it in a day or two. 

Last edited by RJM