Skip to main content

Reply to "Tufts University"

Wow,  3 days later and a lot of misinformation and speculation is out there.  For one, my son is a junior.  Secondly, I did not even mention anyone's name.  I referred to the program as "warped".  I stand by that comment and will gladly go into any detail or answer any questions in a Private Message - as I have done with 10-12 so far.  Some may feel that "ripping" a program and not providing details is gutless, that is their prerogative, and I am fully aware that this story has invited criticism of my son as a player from many who have never seen him play.  Thirdly, the only reason I posted the end to my son's story is because baseball is his passion in life.  He is a good student, an even better person, and was patently misled during his recruiting process and then witnessed many bizarre events over the last 2.5 years (the 3.5 was from the original post during his senior year in HS).  

For those of you who are interested, getting one at-bat in a JV game burns a year of eligibility and club baseball is more akin to beer-league softball.  It may not meet the bill for my son who has played in state championship games at the highest level at his "crappy New York high school".

As my only son has had his opportunity to play the game competitively taken from him (basically from day 1) at this school, I no longer have any skin in the game.  Therefore, this is my last public post EVER on the HS Baseball Web as I have nothing more to offer since I did virtually everything wrong for my son.  As I said above, the full story is available via Private Message and will be for years as I will check in occasionally on the friends I have made on the forum, as people search the name of the school on this forum.  Thanks to many, particularly Fenway, who tried to help in his journey.  I only hope that I can help others avoid the sense of lost opportunity and guilt that I now harbor over not helping my own son see through the garbage and avoid this situation.

Also, transferring at a high academic D3 level is not really an option for the following reasons:

1.  Since baseball is a Spring sport and most high academics don't cut in the Fall, you may not really know if it isn't working out soon enough to meet transfer deadlines in your freshman year.

2.  When you know in your heart, and teammates (and some assistant coaches) keep telling you you have the talent, work ethic, attitude, and production to contribute where you are, you tend to want to prove it to them (if given an opportunity).

3.  You better have received very good grades (Deans List or better) in the first semester, because the transfer bar at a high academic is much higher than the freshman admit bar.

Last edited by HVbaseballDAD