Skip to main content

Reply to "Turf Cost"

Originally Posted by RJM:

If the layout is right the following may allow you to turf the entire field at an affordable price. Northeastern University built a combined football/baseball field. Right and center field are part of the football field. During football season the visiting stands are constructed across the outfield.

If you look at it on Google Earth the football stands will not appear. A new center field fence as also been constructed. Northeastern dropped football a couple of years ago.

One time a UNC-Wilmington hitter skied a 459 foot fly out to the wall in center when it was the backside of the football field. He was ticked. The next time he turned on a fastball. He hit it over the bullpens behind the left field fence. As he was heading towards first I heard him say, "Catcher that (bleep)er!

That is a great story and I had something similar happen to me when I was playing in High School. I have thought about that idea but it wouldn't work for our school. Football, boys soccer. and softball play in the fall. Baseball and girls soccer play in the spring.