Skip to main content

Reply to "Turf Cost"

Stats... the overwhelming feeling from the administration, not the AD, is one of "it is just grass". Up until this year there was no way to water the dirt areas for repair and maintenance without turning on the sprinkler system, and that didn't work most of the time.

I asked for infield mix to help fill in the sliding pits that tend to bowl out because we can't properly maintain them. The AD ordered diamond dry "because it was cheaper" and "dirt is dirt." I also gave them a company that builds mounds and does cut outs and gave him the specifications that I wanted the cuts done (think old turf cut outs). He found another guy who just made uneven squares on the corners and a lopsided oval at second. The same guy used unfiltered fill dirt to build a mound that is 2" too short, full of rocks, and set the rubber not square with home plate.

This field was built in 1999. The fencing, backstops, foul poles, and dugouts haven't been updated or repainted since it was built. As of right now we aren't even allowed to fundraising to help off set costs to repair stuff.

We were awarded the district tournament for the upcoming season. We now need to build a new bullpen because we only have one.