Skip to main content

Reply to "Two Questions"

Thank you gentlemen and not trying to be argumentative but I think if you saw the play you would understand my questioning of it. Full honesty my team benefitted from both calls. In the second one I thought he got it wrong but wanted to make sure on here.

As for the interference I wouldn't have been surprised if he called it but I would have argued. John F you asked if I was the defensive coach would I want that call - absolutely but I also would have been more upset at my catcher. It was not good on his part and I know that bad play doesn't excuse not following the rules but it was bad on the catcher part. By the time he made the throw I would have argued the play was over because my runner going to third he was throwing at was there safe. I'm not 100% sure he was on the bag at the time of the throw but when I looked at him after seeing the ball fly into LF he was already getting up from his slide.

Also more clarification my batter swung at the pitch, lost balance and stepped toward 3B dugout as a RHH but by the time of the throw had regained balance, pretty certain he was still in the box and leaning down a little trying to get out of the way but catcher still hit him with throw.

Once again I wouldn't be surprised if it was called but when does the opportunity for interference end and bad decision on catcher begin? I think its a great argument it was a bad decision but I benefitted from the call. If you guys saw it I think you would understand better where I'm coming from even if it wouldn't change your mind.

But it benefitted me so my memory may be a little jaded.