Skip to main content

Reply to "Two sport athletes"

Texas 2 Sons posted:
TPM posted:

I agree with CM, coaches want winners.  Its my opinion that football separates the men from the boys, most cannot play two sports because it takes a special player to make adjustments.

Most players need tof chose because they more than likely need to, period.  But most 2 sport athletes who really are true 2 sport athletes don't have to. 

The baseball coach will wait quietly on the side until the player chooses his preferred course. Most don't have that option. 

Really? First of all, I'm not sure what that has to do with whether someone can play baseball well or not. There are a lot of Superstars in the MLB that have never played football. Just playing football in HS doesn't guarantee anyone to be a man. In fact there are more kids on the sideline standing around the whole game then there are that actually play. I played 2 sports in HS and College, there were better players than me in both teams that only played 1 sport. I never got hurt playing baseball, but tore my ACL in football in college. I think you're way off base.

I wasnt talking about the kids sitting around on the sidelines.

The fact that you hurt yourself playing baseball and not in football has nothing to do with this discussion.  Now if you played on an elite baseball team and came from a 6A class elite football program that you are playing a major role on, you have seperated yourself from the rest of the herd, and, as a coach, he is after that guy to play for whatever sport he is recruiting him for.

JMO

Last edited by TPM