Skip to main content

Reply to "Two years almost gone"

quote:
I can't believe how quickly the time passes.

Texbbfan - I agree time passes quickly. Yesterday my son was a freshman and today his junior year is almost over. This forum does not do that well as far as activity goes and I am not quite sure why given all the college parents who are members... that said... here is my 2 cents on the message board post you posted by the parent of the graduating senior...

Not quite sure what this person is lamenting about. The reason a player goes to Rice is to play in Omaha and the reason to play sports is to win which Rice is very good at. I understand time flying by but what would be the remedy - go to Coppin State (one of the lowest ranked teams in the country by Boyd's) so time can stand still? It makes little sense to me. It is kind of like Cindy Crawford (or another beautiful person) complaining how difficult it is to be born beautiful.

My message is that it goes by quickly for everyone. The more successful you are the quicker it goes. That is just the way life is.

I truly understand what that person's message was. I am guessing that at a program like Rice that they talk about the big prize all the time and what they need to do to achieve that goal. I know this, if you can't conceive of something like that it isn't going to happen. It does not mean players and parents cannot still smell the roses however. Tell that person to lighten up the next time you see them - it is good to be Rice.