Skip to main content

Reply to "U11 Curveballs"

Redbird,
A U10 CDP finalist qualifies as an elite team in my book for sure. I understand and agree with your philosophy. I really was simply curious if in fact this was what is going on as we normally play plenty of ball locally and only travel three or four times a year. The U10 level had just a few kids who would show the CB (read, use it properly) just to put a little doubt in the hitters mind. CDP is included in our experience. We went three deep into the tourney so while not an elite group we can play a bit. If in fact this is the way the younger kids are headed we will simply need to prepare our hitters a little differently, guarendarnteed no change in our pitching instruction. All respect to Bobble, I am sure there are "safe" ways to throw the LLCB, but I have seen enough baseball to know these tykes weren't throwing a spike. And I do agree if you do not want to risk an arm injury have your child play another sport. God didn't make us to play baseball but I'm pretty sure he appreciates the effort.