Skip to main content

Reply to "U11 Curveballs"

quote:
Originally posted by Lesterclan:
I can only speak for here in Florida, but there are some pretty amazing 11:U's pitchers. And yes, they throw curveballs, sliders, knuckle curves, knuckle balls! I'm not a Dr. (nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express) so I won't comment on the effect on the arm, but I will tell you the comp teams are very very serious about their baseball...even at the 11:U level. It is no place for the faint hearted because these kids and coaches teach like it's high school. Also, I will say this, for the most part, the Coaches are pretty good. These aren't Little League coaches trying to relive their glory years. These are (for the most part) professional coaches and they know the game and how to develop the players.

What does that mean for the 11u arm? Let the debate begin.....

Not quite sure how this makes them GOOD? They win? At U11? With young arms throwing what, 6 different pitches? Come on. Professional coaches? Are they getting paid? Lord, I hope not. If they are that serious about winning at that age with no reguard for their players futures they are exactly "Little League coaches trying to relive their glory years."

Taking the best players in the league, putting them on one team, and then having a win at all costs philosophy does not make you a professional coach in that age group.