Skip to main content

Reply to "U11 Curveballs"

quote:
Not quite sure how this makes them GOOD? They win? At U11? With young arms throwing what, 6 different pitches? Come on. Professional coaches? Are they getting paid?

1. I guess that's the debate. Some think there is nothing wrong with teaching 11u's CB while others think its criminal. You decide.

2. Yes, a lot of the coaches are paid. Obviously not all of them, but a lot. There are a lot of teams coming from baseball training facilities, etc.

That's just the way it is in Florida (for the most part). At the higher levels, most of the kids don't even know what Little League is (I'm not kidding). Additionally, what I meant by "good" coaches is coaches that know the game of baseball, run great practices, hitting, fielding, etc. And some of those that don't see a problem with CB at 11 and some do. Of course some do have a "win at all cost" attitude and some do not. They want to develop kids and winning is a by product. They just believe there is no problem with a kid that young throwing a curve.

I don't agree, but that's the way it is. Again, let the debate begin...