Skip to main content

Reply to "UC Davis Varsity Baseball Program Suspended"

@RJM posted:

The words “racism” and “Nazi” and/or associated words have come to be used far too often in public discourse as a personal attack to mean I vehemently disagree with you. Politicians have also been guilty. These are words that really mean something. They shouldn’t be used so liberally they can be shrugged off as having little or no meaning.

I’ve been called a racist frequently enough for being a right leaning libertarian who supports far more right leaning stances than I disagree. Whenever I hear “racist” now my first response is, “Whatever!” I know I’m not. I racist wouldn’t make his charitable focus helping underprivileged inner city kids.  

What is sad is two-thirds of Millennials have never heard of Auschwitz. What the hell are they being taught in history class? My relatives came to the US in the 19th century from Russia. They weren’t part of Auschwitz or other concentration camps. But I’ve been there. It’s the emptiest feeling you could possibly have as a tourist.  

You are probably right on this. In fairness it was a comparison to compassion not calling a name. I do think that is something of a difference but I stand corrected.