Skip to main content

Reply to "UCL tear"

Just replied Bucsfan. So sorry.

Update on the rehab since I am here. It is going very well. Jeremy started throwing in first week of July on flat ground. No pain to date. Says arm feels very strong. He has had 3 checkups (I think) since June including one today. Ultrasound today and cleared to continue the plan. Plan at moment is to continue  with long toss daily . Throwing on a line as increased distance by 20 feet weekly. This is until he reaches 200 feet. Today he is at 120, with clearance for 140 as of tomorrow. The idea is this will increase velocity and strength without over extending. He said yesterday 120 is very easy for him but he is being watched closely (thank goodness) so he is not trying to increase velocity within a shorter distance.

After he reaches 200 feet on line then he will get on the mound (basically beginning of November). Not sure how mound work will be done but I know there is a specific plan. The goal to get him on the mound opening day of 2017 season and what they think as of moment is he will be with a pitch count of between 70-80 pitches.