Skip to main content

Reply to "UCL tear"

Many thanks to both MrBumstead (for the exciting milestone) and 2014 Dad (for the cautionary tale / insights).  My 2016 RHP is just a couple of months behind (10/21 will be anniversary of TJS).  He is feeling great (actually, instead of "good", he has been saying "fantastic" recently) and has 1 week left of a month long 100% rest of the arm - per Dr's orders.  He did the rehab protocol to the letter from mid April through early Sept.  Upon return, two weeks of long toss before getting back on mound for good - that takes him to mid October.  All of this means he may or may not throw live to hitters this Fall.  To his credit, he (perhaps moreso than I) has the long term perspective.  I'd like to see him at least in a scrimmage to show the coaches what he can do, but HC (also PC) told him in Spring exit interview to just be ready by February.  He is at Ivy school in NE, so the Fall season is not very long, as you can imagine.   I often think of the emotions that will hit me when he is out there in live action (he hasn't thrown live since playoffs his senior year of HS...injury happened after first bullpen on campus last Fall).

Last edited by BucsFan