Skip to main content

Reply to "UCL tear"

Hi Everyone, It has been a very long time since I posted. The IT guy at work blocked this website and that is when I had most of my free moments

Got the email from Bucsfan last night and wanted to keep everyone updated. First, Dr Kremchek was and is a Godsend for my son. Very specific program on how to get back to what he loves.

This year has been great for him. The coaches at Wright State decided to keep in him the bullpen as one of the two main relievers. Lead team in appearances, about 40 IP, about 60 K, 2.5 ERA, 4-5 saves and a 5-3 record. Of course, the highlight was in NCAA game where he came in to relieve in the 7th and basically pitched lights out vs #2 Stanford. I was coaching in Indianapolis that weekend and couldn't get out to Stanford. But watching on TV until 2:15am. Couldn't have been more proud.

He graduated with honor in finance in May and was hoping to be drafted. He had talked to a few scouts and filled out some paperwork but wasn't meant to be. He actually was really disappointed, he wants that opportunity so bad.

As far as Cape, he found out in fall he was going there as a temporary player. Of course, he didn't tell me, one of the other parents on his team told me. God bless that child.  He is playing at Hyannis and after 2 relieving appearances, he became a starter. I asked him if they had removed teh "temporary" tag and he said no but he wasn't worried. Since then he has made 4 starts and overall 26 IP, 3.11 ERA and 36 K, which leads the Cape as Bucsfan said. The downside the is BA against is high at .291 and WHIP at 1.42.  He wasn't named as an all star which i thought he had a good chance, but as usual, he couldn't care less.

The future is a bit undecided at moment. As a graduate, he is probably going to transfer. Wright State does not have his grad program, so he has been looking. He has some very nice offers from some very nice schools (both academically and baseball) across the country and is going to visit his final 2 next week. It has been a long process and he is drained, I'm a bit frantic as both those schools will start in about 5 weeks and he still hasn't even officially applied (he is not worried at all -ugh). 

I'll try to be more active on here, certainly will let you know teh outcome of where he lands.  So many people here helped me and my son thru the journey. Hopefully more to go after next year, but I want to give back as much as I received here.

Thanks Bucsfan for the reach out!