Skip to main content

Reply to "Ucl tear going into college senior year"

2014 Dad posted:

Glad the news is not a tear. FWIW,  If it were my son, I'd have the college coach request he go home and ask them when he should resume throwing?  Could do his work outs and PT there. Not a heck of a lot to be gained , 2 weeks off than likely 2 weeks to build him up vs maybe a longer shut down time which will help. 

He is already there    His summer team is only 25 miles from home so he just drives it each day.  He's also batting so fortunately he's going to get to keep doing that.   He's hitting .400+ with a couple doubles, a triple and a HR in his first 15 AB's.  He DH'd some in college last spring and is really hoping to see some time in the field next year, so keeping the bat going this summer is a big plus for him.  Realistically at this point, I'm thinking he'd probably be just as happy if he gets back to school and can play 2B and quit pitching...but that's just my opinion.  Team isn't very good....so being on the mound is a struggle.  He can throw great and still lose 4-1 because we have no bats and defense is shaky lol.