Skip to main content

Reply to "Ugh, elbow injury..."

Figured I would throw out an update...

Son sat out spring and summer.  He worked hard with a physical therapist for a couple of months, then was cleared to throw around the end of May. He went through the return to throwing program without an issues.

In July we visited Randy Sullivan at the Armory pitching academy.  My son went through one of their weekend programs where his mechanics were analyzed and tweaked.  He was sent home with a program of drills designed to reinforce the new mechanics he had been taught.

In addition to the drills, my son hit the gym hard over the summer.  He did a ton of core work, and leg strengthening in addition to working his arms and shoulders.

He is now back to throwing 100% pain free.  During fall tryouts last week a catcher who has caught for him since 13U said his velocity is up considerably.

Now he just has to work on getting his secondary pitches back in the zone.  Hopefully that can take place over the fall.

We have a new head coach coming in for the spring season, and a couple of projected varsity pitchers have transferred out of the school. If he can get it all together there is a good chance of making the varsity this spring.