Skip to main content

Reply to "Ulnar Collateral Ligament (elbow)"

Welcome to the HSBBW.
You can come here and post a question and get many different answers, bottom line listen to what your son's doctor and coach have told you.
Who cares when they began playing, most of our players began very young. What is important is how you monitor and limit that time he plays, because once they leave you , you have no control over that. Your son is at a time in his life where everything he does from this point forward counts. The reason I say that is because at 14 he has already suffered an injury, where he should be healthy.
I took my son to an ortho surgeon this year and before he considered the scope the doctor asked me if we limited his time when he was younger. We said yes and he said good. The reason for the scope, even with MRI's you often don't really know what's going on until you go in and take a look inside. Don't let your son get to that point where they might have to do that.

Let me ask you, if he strained a hamstring or sprained an ankle, would you continue to let him run? People have this crazy notion that just because it's a strain and one can't pitch you can do other things.

Shut him down.
Last edited by TPM