Skip to main content

Reply to "Ulnar Compression /Ulnar Nerve Entrapment"

ShoveIt, I hate to hear that for Ryley. I’m not trying to put ANY damper on your hopes. Just tell Ryley to be real “in-tune” with his arm post rehab. Nick had the tingling in his ring and pinky finger and nerve conduction test that verified he had nerve entrapment. He had the nerve transposed, rehabbed and then felt the dreaded “pop” in his first BP session which led to TJ as a freshman at LSU. I’m IN NO WAY implying that is what is going on with Ryley, and I pray his diagnosis is correct and that’s all he has going on. But Nick also has a guy in his professional organization now that had what they thought was the same issue. He was able to rest over “Covid year” and then felt the issue arise again in ST. Was left in extended until a few weeks ago when it was decided he needs TJ. All I’m saying here is those symptoms apparently overlap a lot. I just hate seeing pitchers have to be cut open, but I also hate seeing guys miss 24 months instead of 18, especially at this stage in his career. I can promise you one thing, I will be praying for Ryley’s health. The recovery for the transposition wasn’t too bad, to the best of my recollection. He just has to learn to listen to his body.