Skip to main content

Reply to "Umpire discretion?"

This was a Legion game with the majority of the players from rival high schools.

Following the apparent bad call, the visiting coach told the ump multiple times, and very loudly, that his call was bullcrap. Several times, audibile over the entire stadium, bullcrap, bullcrap, bullcrap. I thought he was actually wanting to get tossed, but it didn't happen.

As for the almost mound visit, I wasn't sure it was an issue. Once the pitcher was replaced, it seems as if the coach goes back out, it would have been the 1st mound visit for the new pitcher, but I'm not sure about that. Apprently, by the way the visiting coach reacted, it would have meant he had to replace him...???

The visiting team player who was ejected on the earlier bad call told his dad that he was only asking a question and got tossed. I've "heard" that he clearly used an expletive and that's why he was tossed. The bad call, compounded by the ejection set the dad off. Particularly because the kid told his dad he was just asking a question. If the kid did curse, then he should have owned it to his dad. Would have saved the dad the embarassment.