Skip to main content

Reply to "Under Armour-Baseball Factory"

PG I really respect the WWB events and they are very very good, and my son has attended several of them, however in the world of escalating costs associated with college bound high school players there is no better value than the Area Code tryouts/games, being named to tryout for the USA baseball national team, as well as the Aflac game (which you know quite well!).

All of these events do not cost the player one cent and they get fantastic exposure, much more concentrated than the WWB events IMO. There may be hundreds of scouts at some of the WWB events but there are thousands of players there. At the Area Code tryouts for example you have a ratio of 100 scouts to maybe 100 players. It does not get better than this!

You also have to take into account the costs associated with traveling, team costs, etc etc to the WWB tournaments. These costs are in the thousands of dollars for most players. Don’t get me wrong they are a necessary part of the recruiting process, but I still stand by my assertion that the few remaining free events are unique in that they ONLY value talent, nothing else. The other events, including WWB and PG events can not make this statement.

What really bugs me is that Under Armour (shame on them! - and they are not the only one BTW) are trying to make it seem like being named to one of their teams is an honor. Frankly it only has to do whether the player (family) spends the money or not. Sure they must have some talent, but I stand by my original assertion.
Last edited by BOF