Skip to main content

Reply to "Underarmour Pre-season All America"

quote:
Originally posted by PGStaff:
quote:
He also said that from a pro standpoint that there were really only 3 showcase type events that mattered or were heavily scouted by scouting directors & cross checkers (Area Code, East Coast Pro & Tournament of Stars)........ALL OF WHICH ARE FREE!!!

This is not true.

While those events above are among the very best and do have many crosscheckers and Scouting Directors in attendance... The #1 draw is the PG WWBA Jupiter event in October. Other events that draw a "large" number of crosscheckers and Scouting Directors include The PG National Showcase, The PG WWBA events in Georgia, The PG World Showcase in Ft Myers over the Christmas Holidays. The Aflac Game, etc.

You would need to ask the Scouting Directors and crosscheckers to get the correct answer.

PG - You misunderstood what I wrote or I didn't state it clearly enough. He said, and I mentioned in my previous post, that there were plenty of good showcase events and tournaments out there, such as the PG events (Jupiter, WWBA, etc.) that drew more or at least good numbers of scouting directors and crosscheckers.

I did not mean to insinuate that these events did not draw “large” numbers of scouts. They most certinly do. There were more scouts at Jupiter this year than I have ever seen at one place and was well worth the money to attend.

Sorry if what I wrote earlier came across that way!!! To clearify and not to confuse anyone else, I did go back and erase that portion of my earlier post.
Last edited by sportsfan5