Skip to main content

Reply to "Underarmour Pre-season All America"

Wayne, if your son is a good player that can flash good tools (especially running)and you have the money then GO. BB Factory and TeamOne are good people too.

My son got the same invite. My son is already D-1 committed, but the invite mentioned MLB so this is what I did and suggest you do for every invite you get.

Go to company's web site. Look up the roster for the same event from last year, or see if you can get a "top prospect list". Match what the top players from the event did against your goals. I was looking MLB and the kids that went to the event last year were round 25 and later. I declined the invite because that is not what we are looking for. If you are looking for college committments then see how many kids from that showcase last year got committments, if you are looking draft see who got drafted and where in the draft they went. (This will take a while, but earning eight hundred dollars takes a while too.)

Now the Wrigley field thing is for about 40 players. Half of them never did a BB Factory thing before the Wrigley event but because they are the top guys in the country they get the invite. Does your kid fit into that? Ask those questions of yourself and your player before you decide to go.

Here is my advice. The PG Nationals is for about 220 kids. To say every college and MLB team is represented might be an overstatement, but not by much. The number 220 is much more inclusive and accessable to the average really good player. It was the most important thing my kid did. My son earned his invite out of the "Sunshine" event in the spring. Every college that called my son said "I saw you at the PG Nationals". Figure out how to get there.

"When you make 100% of the effort you can always live with the result."