Skip to main content

Reply to "Underclass Recruiting"

I took my son to a camp at his dream school.  He is a 2020 so it was a little early, but he had a blast and the price was reasonable.  60 kids at the camp and 6 were committed by the following week.  I watched a 2018 that no one had ever heard of go out there and throw 94 and was committed the next day.  Kid had missed his HS season due to injury and is from a town of 1000 people.  Word spreads fast as I saw that he was on the roster of some top teams at Jupiter and the Underclass. 

If it is a school that your son is interested in and you can afford it, go and have fun.  He will get to interact with the players and the coaches and it will be a good experience for him.  He might do something that catches their eye in the process.  At the camp we went to it was easy to see who they were interested in.  My kid threw 76 at 6'3, when he walked off the mound no one pulled him aside.  Another 6'3 2020 kid hit 81.  The coach had him cornered before he got to the dugout.   My son will definitely go back to the camp next year and probably a few others once he starts narrowing his list of schools.