Skip to main content

Reply to "Partially Funded/Non-funded D1 programs"

@TravD posted:

I heard that not all D1 programs are fully funded (11.7), Holy Cross (0), Davidson (6) etc…

Is there a list out there? I looked and couldn’t find one but I can’t find the milk in the fridge either.

Your best resource is this website, and word of mouth.   Back when my son was being recruited  (10+ years ago) there were known D1 programs that were not fully funded including Georgetown, Villanova, Davidson and William & Mary.  The W&M Coach (at the time) indicated to us that they were becoming fully funded.   So, that may have changed. 

The Ivys are self-funded, and they hit up their alumni every year...you can set your clock to it.   It has become a running joke with my son.  Funding is a major part of an Ivy coaches job.   I've even heard comments (by those in the know) that raising funds  is the most important aspect to an Ivy coaches job.

This topic is an opportunity for you and your son to better understand a program.   When the recruiting gets serious (you know an offer is coming), you'll need to understand this and how it personally effects your wallet.  I wouldn't judge a program by its funding until the recruiting gets serious.

As always, JMO.