Skip to main content

Reply to "Unhappy player"

Fungo--

I didn't mean to imply that college coaches hang out at summer collegiate league games to troll for players. But between the summer coaches, the other players on the team, and the player's own contacts, discussions with college coaches can be initiated and followed up on. In my son's case, he had a couple of colege coaches travel to see him in a summer collegiate game. Also, because one of the schools interested in him had players on one of the opposing teams, that school's coach had his players "scout" my son and report back. If you are transferring, summer is quite a fertile season to garner some attention.

Base4 -- I think you are being a little sensitive. Students transfer for a variety of reasons, many of them legitimate. But the other side is also true -- freshman year being what it is, some kids lose patience and think they want to transfer, but it sometimes isn't the best idea.

Just keep in mind that it can be TOUGH to transfer, both in baseball and in the classroom, so make sure it is the best solution to the problem. There WILL be a price to be paid.