Skip to main content

Reply to "Uniforms"

@JucoDad posted:

In JUCO, uniforms were furnished, but you were on your own for gloves and bats (unless you used the team bats). The fall practice jerseys (t-shirt) were yours to keep, but game jerseys and pants were team property and plenty used. The pants were pretty bad, with lots of tears and a few busted zippers. Also, the boys took turns doing team laundry; you know that had to be a favorite activity. It was part of the JUCO grind that bound those teammates together for life.

At Arkansas, everything was furnished and more. From this parent's viewpoint, the healthy athlete-only cafeteria was the most significant boon; the kid was killing me with external food expenses at JUCO. He got to keep a ton of gear and bling, but not game jerseys. I was a little miffed when I saw one of his game jerseys on eBay a week after the season ended. That was one of the few things I would have liked to have kept...

One of the perks of having a son in the big leagues is that it should buy you a lot of goodwill from the baseball program at Arkansas. If I were you I would contact whichever coach at Arkansas that you have the best relationship with and ask if there is any way you can get one of your son’s game jerseys. If they won’t/can’t give you one I bet they can arrange for you to buy one from the vendor that provides them. That’s what worked for me.