Skip to main content

Reply to "University of Arkansas / Fayetteville? (not baseball)"

I am an alum of the University of Arkansas so I will be a little biased! I am glad your son enjoyed spending time in Fayetteville. It is a beautiful place.

The U of A is a great place to go to college. Fayetteville is in a growing, progressive area of the country. If you do much research on the area at all you will see that northwest Arkansas is one of the fastest growing areas of the country. It is home to Wal-Mart, Tysons, JB Hunt headquarters and many other businesses. It is also in a beautiful area of the county with FOUR seasons! And, then, there are the Razorbacks! Most people are amazed at the athletic facilities in 'little ol' Arkansas. It is fun to be a fan in Fayetteville. The baseball games are my favorite, of course! Last year they expanded the stadium and led the nation in average attendance.

Depending on what your son wants to study there are some areas at the UA that are more outstanding than others but all will give him a good education - for a good price. The College of Business is named after Sam Walton (Wal-Mart) and they have been given ALOT of money from the Walton family and have built a wonderful faculty. The College of Engineering is outstanding. There is alot of nano-technology research done on campus - most of it cutting edge. Many others.

Best of luck! If he decides to attend the UA I hope you enjoy coming to see him!