Skip to main content

Reply to "University of Chicago"

Goosegg posted:

Thanks for the quick update.

Others will chime in; I view a 32 as the minimum AND that needs to he coupled with D1 skills to be realistically considered by an Ivy. (There are lower scores admitted, but it's a sliding scale with the lower scores being reserved for potential All-Americans. If you haven't done so, do a quick search for, and fill in, the Ivy Academic Index to see your score. Also, research the concept of "Ivy Bands." Here you can develop an understanding of the sliding scale.)

UC and its peer schools (e.g., Amherst, William's, Haverford, etc.) probably don't have the latitude the Ivys do with a super stud, so I'd speculate you need to be in the top half of the admitted class academic stats to have a legit chance to pass the admissions barrier. (The Common Data Set of each school will provide this info.)

Above all, hitting (for position players) is the real benchmark to be recruited, so I'd really focus here. Do you regularly square up against hi-velo pitching? 

Heading to a JUCO to improve your baseball is high risk, limited reward for a HA. Some HAs dont take transfers; most of the rest have standards higher than simply getting admitted as a regular freshman. Many JUCOs have more than enough players competing for a limited number of slots (search some of the threads here to get a feel for JUCO baseball), so there is no assurance you will make a team, much less get coaching which elevates your game.

If you're in no particular rush to get to college, consider either a PG year or a gap year dedicated to improving your game to a recruitable level. (Personally, I think a gap year for any reason is great; I offered my daughter one, but she was in a rush to join the working world, for some unknown reason.)

Below is any example of Parkland, 2019  ~31 players were on 4 yr rosters

Parkland 2019 Juco Players at 4yr schools

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Parkland 2019 Juco Players at 4yr schools