Skip to main content

Reply to "University of Chicago"

Hi everyone -- haven't been around for awhile. This looks like a long thread, but if I'm seeing the question at hand it appears to be parent fundraising requirements at UofC, I would respond that there are no requirements in baseball. There is an annual university campaign for donating to the sports programs for alumni and parents, and I think perhaps we get one other email, but it doesn't seem any different (and is lower key) than my own alma mater, Northwestern.

Any other questions, let me know.

Just in general to parents who are going through this with high academic kids. My son is a rising senior and has gotten an amazing education that I would put up against any other school, period. We went through the ups and downs of the recruiting process and with a little hindsight, and my son had to choose between a D1 school that he wasn't sure he loved and and a few high academic D3s. He went with UofC and didn't look back. My husband played D1 Basketball and chose Northwestern because of the academics even though he could have played at schools where the teams actually won. He didn't look back. My best advice to parents whose kids likely won't be in the MLB is to pick the best academic school you can where you can play. That education serves you your entire life.