Skip to main content

Reply to "Unofficial visit protocol?"

Posting again with a related question:  Leaving very soon for the college visits that prompted this thread.  One school in particular is driving me nuts as the person who has to deal with arranging airfare, rental car, etc. 

School responded immediately and enthusiastically to my son's email asking to meet with the coaches while he was on campus on a particular date.  We know the school saw his videos and looked at his info online before they responded.  So after school says "yes, we'd like to meet -- and we want to be sure both HC and RC see you," son sends back a short message the next day that says (I'm paraphrasing) "Can we meet at [time]?  If not, I can change my schedule to accommodate yours--just let me know what alternative works for you."  A week goes by with no response.  Son emails again "just in case you didn't receive my prior message, I wanted to confirm that [time] on [date] is good to meet, or I can plan a different time."  Crickets from the school...

I know coaches are busy, but...  And I know it's impossible to tell anything for sure about this episode, but...  Is this sort of thing normal, or is son getting a signal that the school really isn't interested after all?  I have no reason to think they got a negative report (or any report) from his coaches or anyone else in the meantime. 

Last edited by Chico Escuela