Skip to main content

Reply to "Unsigned Draft Picks and Problems with the Draft"

@PABaseball posted:

I don't know all the details and I don't have any inside information from either party. I can only work with the information made publicly available.

In any event, the question was mostly about medical information not being made available for every player to every team. The Mets gambled drafting a pitcher who chose not to submit imaging. Maybe another team was willing to take him at 11-30 that may have said it's worth the risk. But its complete BS that the Mets own this kid's rights for another year when I'm sure somebody else would have picked him up.

I understand the Mets not wanting to sign a player they didn't think was healthy, but why draft a player if his health is a question. In my opinion - Mets should be relieved of any obligation to sign, but the unsigned player should be allowed to sign with anybody else up to the slot value of the #10 pick (if the Mets can't reach an agreement). That should be the price to pay for the Met front office not doing their homework.

Agree with most of your last paragraph.  That's why I believe he was the one who lost the most.

JMO