Skip to main content

Reply to "Unsolicited Emails To Coaches"

Francis: The initial "email introduction w/ video" was definitely the rule with most of my son's recruiting (not the exception). These videos would often result in email response and put him on the schools' clipboards at showcases he would attend.  Even before this son (with my help) he completed recruiting questionnaires for each school as the INITIAL contact. This put him on the school's vastly database of players for that recruiting year. I say with my help, as RipkenFanSon often didn't know specific dates, stats, etc.  The vetting process is 2-way; schools like players with talent and those that have interest in their program. For most who wish to play college ball, THEY HAVE TO BE AN ACTIVE player in getting the school's attention/initial interest. REcruiting is not a spectator sport. Exceptions may be if the player is known locally, or blue chip P 90's +mph, 400 ft HR swing, etc.

Finally, I also agree with @Danj on subject of the email. You do want to set yourself apart from the masses. RCs get oodles of video/emails to go through. Son would put his grad year, positions, 60 time (or SBs) and GPA.