Skip to main content

Reply to "Unsolicited Emails To Coaches"

If you fish in the right pond you will always get a response from half the recruiting coordinators in a given conference.

Its important to be realistic about which truly is the right pond.  Early on, when my son was 15/16, he was told by Baseball people that he projected to a mid major D1 if he improved his 60 time and throwing velocity.   He did get some responses from D1 mid major RC’s but it was along the lines of “hey, I like your swing.  We’ll keep a look out for you.  What’s your summer schedule?  We’d love to have you attend our camp.”

Now that he’s a rising Senior and fishing in the right pond for him (D3) the responses were “thanks for your email, we are very interested, is there a time this week we can talk on the phone?”  After the first phone call there have been multiple regular texts back and forth and invites to visit campus soon.

If he had been running a 6.6 60 and throwing 90+ across the infield, I have no doubt he would have gotten similar responses from mid majors.

If you are a pitcher who throws 97mph, LSU & Vanderbilt will email you back.   Just gotta fish in the right pond.