Skip to main content

Reply to "Unsolicited Emails To Coaches"

@DanJ posted:

Yes, unsolicited videos START the recruiting process for a large number of players.  Do they finish the process?  Not even close or at least none that I know of.  Many advise to have subject lines that stand out or you risk never having the email even opened. Others swear to keep it simple.  My son's email subject lines started out as "Joe Blow - 2021 MIF/OF {high school w/city]" and only crickets were chirping.  We started looking at his PBR measureables and realized all of his were in the top 10 of the state for his class, so he tried the subject line "2021 MIF/OF with Top 10 [state abbreviation] Measurables - Joe Blow" and all of a sudden responses started coming back.  Everything changed.  The coaches were opening his emails, reading them and watching the videos they pointed them to.  Relationships grew from there.

My son's experience was very similar...started by putting name/position/year in the subject.  After a few rounds we included his best measurable and had much more success.  My perception is that these coaches have so many kids to consider that they quickly reduce a player to his best metric (RHP 88, or LH OF 6.5, etc.)