Skip to main content

Reply to "Ups/Downs of the Minor League"

@keewart posted:

What I have found the most frustrating is trying to go see him play live baseball.   If flights are involved, the only time you KNOW FOR SURE where they are going to be is 1) right after spring training for their assignment, or 2) where they will be right after an injury, or 3) right when they are moved up (or down).  Any day other than those they could be up, down, traded, or out.  The Arizonal Fall League was the exception.

Therefore, we don't do airbnbs or VRBO.  Hotels are easily cancellable.

We were streaming a game on TV and my DH was watching on his phone, which was a few seconds ahead.  All of a sudden I hear him groan "oh no!" and my heart sank.  I then watched in horror my child have an on-field injury. The announcers were getting it all wrong and I knew what had happened.  I went outside to walk the dog in the pouring rain and tried to cry, thinking "is this the end?  No, it can't be.  This is NOT the end.".  It was so frustrating and I was texting son to give his phone to anyone that could communicate with us to exactly what was going on and what would be the next step.

^^^^After all that and then Covid delay, watching him and his teammates and friends go up, down, traded, or out....his BA  going below the Mendoza line and back.....I just keep taking my blood pressure meds and enjoy the ride.  We try to go see him play once a month, because "you never know which game will be his last".

Would love others to share!

Omg this made me cry. I felt this in my soul.

Last edited by NY