Skip to main content

Reply to "Ups/Downs of the Minor League"

Mine is rehabbing now but is healthy-er than this past season. I guess we've been through it all to a degree, summer ball in short-season A ball after his draft in June of 18, then rose 3 levels from High A to AAA in his first full season in 19....made the alternate site group after having one of the best big league camps in 20 for a reliever and sat in Brooklyn bored to death waiting for a call-up. I tell him all the time, think about all the players who missed last year. Anyway, started off in AA this season and knew something was wrong from spring training but wanted to try and make his best effort with the goal of a 40 man spot. Needless to say, he is upbeat now that he knows there was an issue and is hyper-focused on rehab and next season. For me, after all of this...i don't watch him much if at all. My wife on the other hand will diligently follow his every outing/inning. I talk baseball with him when he wants to talk baseball, otherwise, we talk about other things. He says his whole life (since 4.5) has been defined by baseball and that is not All of who he is....i get it. He's still dream chasing and I'm fine with that, a partner, kids, house, and picket fence will always be there and who wants to look back with regrets? Not me and I've hopefully taught both of my kids that.

I will admit to re-watching his Clemson outings, the ones that end well and others that don't, and ones that weren't even a save outing. I think I miss that as we were at most of his home games and many of their aways games over the years.

Here's to all the MiLB Grinders and their parents!!!!  LOL