Skip to main content

Reply to "Ups/Downs of the Minor League"

@PTWood posted:

First visit out to Rookie league. Nice laying eyes on him and his roommate. Still very young men off the field but very professional on the field and when talking about the game. I am super glad they have each other.

Third at bat last night faces a kid throwing high 90s but wild. Gets hit in the chest, the wrist and then the ball hits the bat and the ump calls a foul ball. Try to revenge crank a HR next pitch (goes foul). Pitch after that gets nailed with a fast ball to the outside of his leg just below his knee. Tries to run for himself but it gimpy and comes out of the game. Not playing today. As the thread is titled...ups and downs...

Wow PTWood, a similar situation happened to RipkenFAnSon!  In Friday night's last PA, he was hit by a pitch in hamstring area behind knee. Then last night's game he was hit in the left hand on the third pitch of the game. The umpire initially called foul ball, though when son took off his batting glove and showed a big purple bruise that was swelling it immediately changed ump's mind. He managed to stay in game until he scored, then replaced. He was scratched from tonight's game too- nothing appears broken and swelling has subsided some. I like your revenge "crank." Son usually gets back with a "revenge steal."  He didn't steal, though pickoff attempt from pitcher headed towards dugout so son did end up at second . I know son focuses on OBP, but I would prefer him hitting the ball rather than being hit by the ball.