Skip to main content

Reply to "Ups/Downs of the Minor League"

I’m loving this thread and all the stories. It’s been fun and therapeutic. I think I mentioned that AA son’s offensive struggles began in mid July. Ironically, in the middle of the struggle he was called up to AAA. He continued his offensive struggles, did well defensively, and 2 weeks later went back to AA. A top prospect had been promoted to fill his AA spot, so when he returned there was juggling of positions. He was all over the board mentally, and it was tough on everyone, trying to determine what to say and how to support him. I’ve read how this road is not linear. This was his first big setback. He refocused his efforts, and found joy being back with his guys in AA. You could see and hear him slowly finding his way and beginning to hit his stride. Gratefully, after Sunday’s game, he was called back up to AAA. After 2 games, he’s 4 for 8. While he’s feeling pretty good, his focus is staying within his game, NOT PRESSING, enjoying getting on base (even with bloop hits), and simplifying. For this second call up, he has been a little more grounded. Each day we are learning more about this game that we are fortunate to be a part of. It’s great to have this group supporting us all.