Skip to main content

Reply to "USA Baseball 16u Championship- Jupiter"

Dlock: Maybe. It really depends on your plan. You need to go to some of these types of events to get an idea on where you stack up on the national competitive level. These events are also part of you figuring out if you are a D1, 2,3 player and where you stand vs other kids your age. IMO you should pick a few of them (if you can afford it) and make them part of the plan. Part of your plan should also include a couple of camps to the colleges that you are targeting. For us the 16U event was the first National event he went to.(BTW I have never seen so many 6'+ 200lb 16YO in one place in my life) Others include the PG World/National events, (Jupiter, Az) and the Az Fall Sr Classic is a must.

I will give you a little secret on College camps also. If a college is really interested in you they will let you come to their multi-day camps at a pro-rated cost basis. Due to NCAA guidelines they can’t make it free, but they will pro-rate the cost so you can come in for one day, do your thing and leave. They get to see you and you get a discounted cost. All you have to do is ask. Of course they usually have had to see you play someplace to know that they are interested in you, so the key to the National events are to communicate with the schools you are interested in advance so they know when you will be playing and update them once the schedule comes out.

Good luck and let us know what you end up doing.
Last edited by BOF