Skip to main content

Reply to "USC"

N- thanks for the good wishes. Sent you a PM. I know you were rootin' for the Trojans Wink

BTW- as to the posts above, I don't think that fumble turned anything around so to speak. The score was only 7-7 at the time and in the first quarter. To focus on that one play cheapens the quite amazing performance of the Trojans.

That play did, though, expose a few things about OU and the character of both teams. First I think it exposed Stoops' bad coaching since by his later comments he clearly took this "mistake" out on his players, did not know how to rally them and keep their heads in the game, 'cause clearly he and they lost their heads over this play. Having said that, maybe this play was the turning point noidea

OU had plenty of time to get back in it, more than 3 quarters and down only 7 points. I just don't think they had the ability to do so and certainly not the character. I think they were really an overrated team and the Big 12 in general had a very down year. SC should have played Auburn, rather than OU being there just as last year it should have been SC against LSU, instead of OU.

Regardless of the fumble, IMO, OU had no chance in this game. Their performance, along with last year's Big 12 championship loss and spanking by LSU in the 'o4 BCS showed they are not a superior nor big game team and as much as they are overrated as a team, IMO Stoops is grossly overrated as a Coach. As I mentioned above, in post game interviews he never gave SC any credit, never congratulated 'em and was rather demeaning of his own players. He's the guy who should have taken full blame. His team wasn't even wearing the right cleats for the field so you had receivers and secondary falling all over the place. And in preparing, They clearly made the mistake of misjudging SC and preparing based on some lackluster SC performances such as the UCLA game.

bottom line, one fumble, one play ain't gonna do you in if you got the horses AND the desire. Just like the Red Sox coming back from 0-3 against the Yanks, if you got the talent, along with the heart, desire, character and attitude, you'll stick in there and usually find the way to victory.
Last edited by HeyBatter